All Reader Reviews of...
13 E. 12th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. University Pl.
Experience is better than science!!!
By yoollyus on 4/21/2003
The StripHouse is the best Steak house i have never visited in NYC.Walking up from the bar to the dinning room,you are fascinated by the beautiful decor mostly red with thousands of sexy pictures all over the wall.The service is done by experienced servers so that you feel really confortable. About the food,you cannot find a better steak anywhere in NYC;"THE DOUBLE PORTER HOUSE","THE RIB CHOP" and "THE STRIP SINGLE" are delicious with the "GOOSE FAT POTATO".Also , there is nothing better than ending a great night with the 12-LAYER CHOC. GANACHE CAKE. Finally,this is the opportunity to congratulate CHEF RENE LENGER for his experience in American & European food.Food at StripHouse is the result of a well done job.
great food great time
By richier on 2/26/2004
food was great, so was the vodka-watermellon and mint oil shot sent to us by the chef. i would say it is my favorite n.y. steakhouse and i have been to them all.
By Ronnie on 5/30/2005
Not only was the food great, the service was actually equally as good!Server and busperson were very attentive (but not overkill) and on top of everything. One of the best dinners I've had in a long time. Would definitely recommend. I would return without a thought. Very pleasant experience. On the pricey side, but well worth it.
By amichalski on 4/27/2009
I love this restaurant! I was in a few days ago with some important clients. I felt relieved with the friendly staff and the delicious food from the appetizers to the desserts! I recommend the chocolate cake- if you have a large enough appetite! Thank you to everyone at the Strip House - for making me look good in front of these important clients! This restaurant is magnificently run!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White