All Reader Reviews of...
17 W. 45th St., New York, NY, 10036
nr. Fifth Ave.
Welcome potato lovers!!
By Aria on 7/10/2007
If you want to get potato no matter what you order, and not most freshly cooked, this is the right place.
Would Not Deliver After Confirming Order
By Matt11209 on 10/6/2009
Yesterday (10/5/09), I placed an order with Sukhadia online. I received an email confirmation of my order within minutes. An hour later, the restaurant called me to say they aren't delivering anymore. Be very careful when getting delivery from this place. A subsequent Google search on this restaurant led to some pretty scary failed health inspections.
Worst Dining Experience Of My Life
By stopwalk on 4/12/2008
I went there, the entrees came out one at a time, finally the last one did not come. No waiter came by to apologize, I had to go into the kitchen and cancel the order. Finally, when it came time to pay, the chef brought out the food, and told me I had to pay for it. I refused, with a knife in his hand he proceeded to wave it in my face and threatened me with it. After yelling with the chef and the waiter I left no tip and stormed out the restaurant. Worst experience of my life. DO NOT GO THERE. You will be treated like second class citizens.
very disappointed, but its a buffet
By md4nyc on 2/12/2005
When i heard about this place on NY metro i thought finally a great indian veggie place. So on a lark i walk in with a friend, also indian, atmosphere was warm and memorable but the buffet was not so much. The food was cold, metallic tasting, with little or no flavor, and limited selection. The Gulab Jammun was tough giving your mouth a true workout. $8.99 is not bad for NYC meals but believe me when I say head to Jackson Heights for a better, cheaper, tastier meal.
buffet and chats
By kushal on 3/10/2005
The food is definately worth your money. The chats are awesome you have to try it to believe it.The service is also good but needs little more speed to it. Lunch buffet has lots variety and also jain food too. As i am jain its best for me. I'm wondering if they are going to keep there restaurant open for late night dinner
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu