All Reader Reviews of...
137 Ave. C, New York, NY, 10009
nr. 9th St.
Keep up the great work, simply amazing!
By bar_hop_in on 6/20/2012
The Sunburnt Cow is always a hit! Great food, friendly and entertaining staff and excellent service as always. This may be the 6-7th time I bring my friends to The Sunburnt Cow and we ALWAYS have the best time for brunch. The unlimited moomosas deal make it totally worth it to pay for because the waiters come around and refill very often. And the food is just incredible delicious! I had The Heart Stopper this time (with scrambled eggs, instead) and simply loved it! I've had the Burger with a Lot and the Steak Sandwich in the past, and they are just as good.
Bad food, worse service
By HKEV on 8/12/2011
The food was mediocre at best: the burger and chicken sandwich were bland and overcooked. But first we waited an hour for a salad and chicken wings. And we received the wrong salad. The backyard deck is nice, but loud. The drinks were OK: it's $20 for all you can eat and drink in 2 hours. We'd love to know when this was chosen as a Critic's Pick.
Great place to start your night!
By australianfoodlover on 7/10/2010
Can't comment on the food, but this place is a fantastic place to start your night. $20 will get you unlimited drinks for two hours, one drink at a time and including cocktails. I'd advise you tip the bartender generously (I gave $20) at the beginning of the two hours, and you will be rewarded with free shots for the entire two hours. The crowd is relaxed, the decor quaint but charming, and the music is easy listening rock. Definitely coming back here!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu