- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
1315 Surf Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11224
nr. Stillwell Ave.
There is more than "HOT DOGS" in Coney Island!!!
By jjn3twins on 7/16/2007
We were lured into the Surf and Turf Grill by great music and a friendly waiter who promised we wouldn't be dissapointed....and we weren't! Our drinks arrived as quickly as we ordered them. They were not weak or watered down. Our knowledgable waitress was very helpful but everything sounded too good so we decided to share. Our brick oven Margherita Pizza arrived in minutes. Fresh mozzarella oozing over a thin crust and delicious dough! This place would make the Ratpack proud! The atmosphere is casual. Decorated like you landed in the islands, I thought the crab buckets as lighting fixtures were adorable! We shared Scungilla; a very large portion for an appetizer. The sauce was delicious ; crushed with fresh slivers of garlic. We ordered sweet because it was very late but on my next trip I'm not whimping out and I"m ordering the hot sauce! In my opinion the Surf and Turf Grill will quickly be known for their Calamari. Fried to perfection without a drop of oil on the platter, this heaping portion were light, tender and crispy.
Too much to say....so here is the rest fo my review!
By jjn3twins on 7/16/2007
Next dish; Scungilla again in sweet sauce. Cut into small slivers, they were very clean and oh so tender. Meticulous care was taken to make sure these babies did not fall out of a can. (You know when you are being served fresh fish!) Lastly, Onion Rings! What a nice suprise to see them arrive at the table smelling oh so sweet. (Could they have been Vadalia?) Encrusted in beer batter, but not overbearing; they were very light without a drop of oil left on my fingertips! I can not wait to take my family. This is a kid friendly place so I know they will have a good time. Although they have a great dessert list we were all way too full to indulge, so that is definitely on my list when I go back!
Coney Island Surf & Turf
By Bluebug42 on 7/8/2007
The food is excellent. Big portions, good drinks, great atmosphere. The people at my table had scungilli with hot sauce, cioppino and salmon and everyone was very happy with their choices. The cioppino was definitely big enough to share. It's a very welcome change from all the fast food in the area. I think this restaurant will only get better with time. Looking forward to going back.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- 12 Session Beers That Are Perfect for Summer Guzzling
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument