All Reader Reviews of...
139 N. 6th St., Brooklyn, NY, 11211
nr. Bedford Ave.
Always have a place in my heart for Surf Bar
By Wensday on 10/7/2009
I've been here several times and don't have any complaints. I'm not one for the red and white checkered table cloth, but one thing I've always loved is the sand on the floor. Plus some strong mixed drinks. It's rough around the edges, but a nice/warm place to go, particularly the area out back. Def worth checking out for yourself. Also haven't tried much of the food other than an oyster dish, which was nice, and some sweet potato fried (can't go wrong). It's a good place to start your night, or spend a weekday afternoon/evening.
Surf and Turf
By Jadajam on 2/19/2009
Great atmosphere, nice set up! Great food, Andreas is the best
You want to eat in the backyard!!
By mchoinski on 7/10/2007
The place looks very small from out front - but you want to eat in the backyard! There is sand everywhere, colored x-mas lights 4 decoration, some trees, a wooden deck. It looks fun without looking childish - nice relaxed date location (as long as you're not wearing overly fancy footwear - see comment about SAND!). Food and service are average.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu