All Reader Reviews of...
28 W. 56th St., New York, NY, 10019
nr. Fifth Ave.
Reliable, fresh sushi!
By clr2107 on 2/1/2012
I've been coming here for years since I live in the area and even if it isn't particularly exceptional, it serves reliably good and fresh sushi (which, in this price range, is harder to find than you might think), with a waiting staff that is on top of their game. A plain salmon avocado roll is good, or try their special rolls for something a bit more interesting. The popcorn shrimp appetizer special is light and tasty, and the sushi and sashimi platter for two is a fun treat! Red bean ice cream for dessert (flavorful and not too sweet) tops it off.
Food Poisoning 1.12.10
By gustboaster on 1/25/2010
I had food poisoning for a week and a half after eating here! Sickest I've ever been. To boot, there were bones and SCALES in my sushi rolls. I could not recommend any less.
By daraday on 2/28/2008
I've never had cooked food here, but the fish is so fresh. I've been to plenty of shi shi sushi places and this place has fish on par, at half the price.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu