All Reader Reviews of...
24 Peck Slip, New York, NY, 10038
at Front St.
An excellent sushi place
By raph on 1/14/2010
The beautiful atmosphere is coupled with an exquisite menu of superbly executed dishes. The staff is personable and goes out of its way to make its clientele feel welcomed and at home. It is refined dining without being stuffy, which was ideal for a night of wonderful food with a great ambience. I would highly recommend this restaurant, both to the out-of-towner and a well seasoned New Yorker.
Fresh, tasty, and imaginative
By vcmeremaid on 1/14/2010
Yum. I spent a delightful night at the sushi bar with a friend - eating our way through the wonderful and imaginative selections. Fluke, white tuna, two preparations of crab....oh my. The fish melted in the mouth...washed down with a smooth hot sake. Oh-so-friendly staff - dining in a relaxed, airy atmosphere. SUteiSHI is worth a journey to the seaport area - even in the winter. PS. Check the yelp reviews...they are positive too!
Not Worth It!
By PAffenita on 1/27/2009
The quality of the sushi is poor. Suteishi needlessly over complicates the dishes as if it was Nobu. However, Suteishi falls far from the mark. Instead of serving simple and good quality sushi, they serve these overcomplicated dishes with weird combinations. For example, there was a sushi with some kind of nuts and leaves with the fish and rice. The flavors did not mesh at all and left a horrible aftertaste in your mouth. Or, the fish had NO flavor at all. Moreover, the size of the fish was small and the cut was poor. On top of the poor quality, the prices are high. One bright note is that the service was good and they do try.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight