All Reader Reviews of...
62 Carmine St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Bedford St.
Add Sweet Revenge to your bucket list!
By vbjunkie on 8/30/2010
I am admittedly not a 'foodie' but just a guy who loves yummy food, appreciates the right ambiance and has a secret mandate for great service. I must say that Sweet Revenge exceeds on all three. I used to be fortunate enough to regularly visit NYC on business. Sweet Revenge was always a must stop for me. The hardest part of my visit was choosing what I was going to spoil my sweet tooth with. Did I mention that they serve fabulous beer and wine as well?? It is just a great place to catch up with an old friend and spoil each other with the best cupcake you will ever have! If you stop in, make sure to ask for the owner Marlo and let her know I sent you!! Kent.
A Devilish Delight
By dignell on 9/30/2009
Revenge is just one on of many sins that the discerning sweet tooth might commit at this West Village establishment. Gluttony is the obvious choice, as your reviewer managed to frequent the cafe three days in a row and, on one occasion, polished off over two cupcakes in one sitting. The aptly christened Dirty cupcake incites Lustful, aphrodisiacal moans, while the signature Sweet Revenge peanut butter cupcake had me Greedily taking more than my share. My one disappointment was the seasonal Bird of Paradise which, despite intriguing flavor combinations in the cake itself, misjudged the butter-to-powdered-sugar frosting ratio (it's BUTTERcream, people!). The pleasant staff (owner Marlo is to die for), unique savory cake, and innovative wine/beer-cupcake parings will have you lounging like a Sloth in the heat. That other, more famous locale should be Envious if more people catch on to this hidden jem. Revenge never tasted so sweet.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafÃ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’