All Reader Reviews of...
328 Lenox Ave., New York, NY, 10027
nr. 127th St.
By jac1 on 12/18/2007
I had the opportunity to eat at Sylvia's and have not stopped talking about it since. I have worked as a chef in a few very fine dining restaurants and Sylvia's is right up there with the best of the fine dining establishments. The food is plentiful and full of flavor. The service is great and the location was easy to access. I would go again and I highly recommend Sylvia's to anyone who wants a true "soul food" experience.
2nd Time around. It isn't good.
By TRich on 7/27/2007
This was my second time going to Sylvia's in 2 years. Each time I went with a large group so we were in the reserved section. The service wasn't great at all. The food was served family style. They just didn't put enough food on the tables. Just recently (last Sat.) I visited it again. It was worse this time. The food just wasn't good. The service was horrible and the same people. We kept asking for more food. It's like they weren't prepared. You had to wait so long for ribs that people started getting up and leaving. We kept asking and they kept saying it's coming but nothing. I didn't stay to wait for the dessert. Many people were disappointed. They need to do a better job with big groups and get the food tasting right.
By wade on 11/28/2006
FROM A PERSON FROM GEORGIA, LET ME TELL YOU THAT THIS WAS THE BEST FOOD I HAVE HAD IN A LONG TIME. THE SERVICE WAS GREAT AND THE EMPLOYEES WERE SO FRIENDLY. I CAN SAY THAT I HAVE NEVER HAD SOUTHERN FOOD TO TASTE AS GOOD IN GEORGIA AS IT WAS AT SYLVIAS. THE ONLY THING I DID NOT LIKE WAS THAT SYLVIA TOOK OFF THANKSGIVING DAY WHEN I WAS THERE, SO I DID NOT GET TO MEET HER. ON MY NEXT TRIP TO NEW YORK CITY, I WILL EAT AT SYLVIAS AGAIN
Oh Thosse Collard Greens
By bobbyann on 10/13/2006
As a gift my daughter took me to Sylvias and the service was magnificent. We were in a large party going to see the Color Purple. The food was hot and delicious. Fried Chicken, greens, rice all were cooked to perfection and served hot. I truly loved Sylvias
Well,Bless My Soul Food!
By adsong on 6/30/2003
In the heart of Harlem.A beloved NY institution,loved by us New Yorkers,tourists and suburbanites as well. Gospel Brunch on Sunday's,($21.00) Large portions.. Jazz on Saturdays,.Entrees for about $15.00.. Smothered chicken,grits,Cholesterol City,but once in a while , do it!!..
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s