All Reader Reviews of...
11 Madison Ave., New York, NY, 10010
at 25th St.
By twilson on 4/3/2003
It Rocked! Take great food, awesome service, amazing hospitality and throw it all into a blender and that's what we got at Tabla on our last visit. We'll definitely be back soon!
Unlike any other New York experience
By rgarutti on 4/2/2003
There are few restaurants that are as sensual and creative as Tabla while still providing a high level of excellence. THe food is always right on, service is sincere and well informed and the place is beautiful. What more could you want from a new York culinary experience! Don't miss this one.
By Chicagurl on 3/21/2003
The food was good. As an appetizer I had the crab cake with an indian version of guacamole inside of a light baked shell. It had a nice blend of spices that created a taste that I had not experienced before. the desserts are amazing as well. this is definetly a very pricy place with most appetizers going for about $7-$16, entrees $24-$34 and desserts for $9. A place to celebrate a special occasion or to impress someone with you expensive taste.
Fusion Does Not Always Work.
By samjones on 2/27/2003
I have the utmost respect for Danny Meyers and the way consistency you find in his places, but the food here just strikes out. It is not good Indian, not a succesful attempt to mix.
Thank God For Restaurant Week
By Victoire on 1/31/2003
All I can say is thank God for restaurant week. That is the reason I got to go to Tabla restaurant where I experienced the best in terms of everything - food, service and decor. Not only was my mouth squealing with delight with the myriad of tastes, but the staff was absolutely accommodating and pleasant. Could I afford it at another time? Perhaps not, but would definitely go back for a special occasion.
Indian Mahal in Manhattan
By nacarac on 12/18/2002
Tabla's decor is omnious and the dishes all spread a rich fragrance across the room. This scene sits perfect for a date. The simple traditional dishes like dal are not as on key as the more experimental goan platters.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages
- Turns Out the Robot Apocalypse Will Begin at Fast-Food Restaurants
- A Brand-New Brooklyn Restaurant Specializes in Modern Taiwanese Food