All Reader Reviews of...
318 Grand St., Brooklyn, NY, 11211
nr. Havemeyer St.
By oblivisci on 7/10/2013
I LOVE TACO CHULO. I could literally eat here every day, twice a day. And frankly, I have. I love their salads, their vegetarian tacos, their SALSA VERDE is to die for. Always fresh and amazing. My favorite mexican place by far.
great mexican food
By cjones32 on 10/28/2008
Taco Chulo has a great menu, the portions are more than enough, you definitely wont leave hungry! The guacamole was great, and the "tacos" portion was enough for a meal, only get the "burrito" portion if you are really hungry. Its hard to find good Mexican food this far north, but this place brings basic Mexican flavors to the table in straightforward way. Definitely fixes a Mexican food craving!
awesome food - horrible sh*t service
By charliekatsu on 8/1/2008
been there for dinner and brunch - food is great, packed full of authentic wonderful flavors ... drinks are sorta expensive but they have some cheap and reliable beers on menu. the place is huge, so getting a table at anytime will not be a problem. i just thinks its too bad that the wait-staff are incompetent - and rude, too. oh yeah, the bartender dude is hot. bonus.
Skip Bonita, head to Chulo
By gabeiv on 4/9/2007
Taco Chulo's burritos are excellent. Try them. If you don't like it, try a different one, because you will find a winner. The decor is somewhat sparse, but the size of the space makes up for and/or explains this. They used to have a live D.J. most nights, but I haven't seen one in awhile (thankfully, to be honest). The margaritas are refreshing and range in variety from classic to curious. Don't skip the appetizers: the Sopes and Queso Fundido are both more delicious and interesting than they sound. I'm a lacto vegetarian, and there are plenty of options for me. Brunch is a bit egg-heavy, but the full menu is available at brunch and the Rajas Hash is great with Vegetarian sausage. Try the Cafe de Olla too, but apparently the weekday Cafe de Olla isn't as authentic as the weekend version.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu