All Reader Reviews of...
222 Waverly Pl., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Perry St.
Non Authentic tasteless food
By gruve on 11/2/2013
I f you like tasteless non-authentic but Kosher food, then Taim is your place. They put little garlic in all their recipes. They don't roast the eggplant. Their bread is so heavy, you have to put it aside to appreciate how tasteless the food really is. On top of that, you have to WAIT and pay top dollar. If you believe in what the NT times shoves down your throat, then you should do the same at Taim, probably the worst mid-eastern food I ever ate. I have many years of experience including the holes in the wall in Kosher Brooklyn. If you are in the area, go to Mamouns on Macdougal. Authentic, cheap, fast and open 'till the wee hours of the AM
Has been great but...
By waygon on 3/6/2012
I live around the corner from this place and have always loved their food. But, lately their food tastes too salty to me: the hummus, tabouleh, even the pita seems salted. A problem with countless NY restaurants. Not sure if this is the result of a heavy prep hand or a recipe flaw. Otherwise, this place is the best. Ask for hot sauce.
One of the best places for a quick bite!
By danlim on 8/1/2011
Love this place, the hot sauce is incredible! I've been here over 10 times, and everything I've ordered is consistently delicious. I love the falafel platter, being able to select different falafels is great. The homemade drinks are wonderful too! Place is a bit small but I normally pickup and eat at a park so it works for me!
Been going for years!
By montrealgourmande on 12/11/2009
Been going to taim for a few years now.... LOVE it and I am glad to see that even with the recent press and popularity the quality and service is still impeccable. I wrote a blog post about Taim, complete with photos and suggestions. http://daniellegaronce.blogspot.com/2009/11/lunch-date-with-new-york-city.html
By jesslevy on 3/23/2009
This place is the best- the falafel is superb and so are the hummus and israeli salad. I can't wait to go back.
now its my favorite resturant!
By kizold on 3/15/2008
everything was great i got the mixed platter with the red pepper falafel and green falafel on whole wheat pita with a strawberry smoothie and i almost screamed from how good it was! im not even kidding! i dont know if it was just cuz i was hungry or the fact that i havent eat out in a year or maybe just cause it was really good but it was just good in general also the service is great extremely nice and fast! i forgot to give the guy a tip he was so nice!
One of my favorite places to eat!
By whoadude on 1/10/2008
Their sabich platter is fantastic. The fries are great. The smoothies are awesome. Great great great, I love this place. My only complaint is the lack of seating space and how crowded it can get but oh well. The food is worth it.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s