All Reader Reviews of...
41-43 E. 22nd St., New York, NY, 10010
By jamesbrown on 2/26/2003
Ambiance is low-key and unobtrusive - service is friendly without being overwhelming - food is deliciously flavorful and portions are neither too big nor too small - just perfect
greed ruins a restaurant
By xingminlu on 1/21/2003
The tables are packed so close together that the waiter's rear end was on my food when he was serving the table next to mine. Privacy? Forget about it! The waiter shoves me with the bill the minute I finished my first cup of coffee without even bothering to see if I would like something else. They advertised an apetizer special but forgot to tell me that it cost $21.00 when an ordinary appetizer on the menu is no more than $10.0.
nouvelle indian in flatiron
By lindaumansky on 1/18/2003
Starters tell it all in this handsome contemporary Indian restaurant. Perfectly cooked shrimp in a light curry sauce complemented by spicy potato pancakes and an order of spinach samosas bespeak the nature of the cooking here-not East 6th Street. From the glass enclosed tandoor oven came a leg of lamb and a mixed grill, both dishes redolent of Indian spices. A succulent cornish hen and a lamb pasanda rounded out the meal. Not to be missed is the onion and black pepper paratha-the perfect accompaniment. A Pinot Blanc (Alsace) and a Pinotage Red (South Africa)helped wash the meal down. Ending on a sweet note was a refreshing mango cheesecake and a plate of intense chocolate truffles. Service did not suffer on this bustling Saturday night. Meal service was well paced by a solicitous staff. Final Verdict: Food ,crowd, service, a view of the tandoor chefs at work provided a successful and entertaining dining experience.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Fairway Market Officially Files for Bankruptcy
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online