- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
18 Ninth Ave., New York, NY
at 13th St.
By brittanycarcova on 8/17/2010
A trendy Japanese restaurant in the Meat Packing District, I expected the food to be innovative and delectable, the decor unique and contemporary, and the crowd to be young and attractive. The Tanuki Tavern offered all of the above, but what surprised me, was the pleasant attitudes of the staff. With a party of 12 that included my 75 year old British grandparents and my 8 year old cousin, the wait staff was patient and friendly. Devoid of the typical faux snobbery that liters this area, this restaurant, and the bar we went to before dinner, offered something a little different: a personable and experienced group of employees. As for food, the pork, Edamame soup and Crab pizza were flavorful to a T.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu