All Reader Reviews of...
42 E. 58th St., New York, NY, 10022
nr. Madison Ave.
By Kimsem on 4/29/2005
Fab bistro, loud, fun... and all around sexy! Loved this place! Will be back...
Tao will now be the staple of every one of my New York visits
By KyleRobertson on 12/21/2006
Tao was recommended to me by a friend, and I opted to take my girlfriend there for her birthday. She absolutely loved every aspect of it from the atmosphere, decor, service and of course the food. The service in both the bar area and dining area was superb, attentive and friendly. The food was unlike any asian cuisine I've ever had, from appetizer to desert (the giant fortune cookie is a must), filled with flavour and attention to presentation. Neither of us could have asked for a better dining experience for our first time in New York. Thanks Tao!
Trendy, noisy and fun...and great food!
By coladin on 3/16/2005
The tao-tinis to start were good. A bit of a wait but worth it in the end. the sushi was excellent and while my wife ordered an 8$ spring roll, it was probably the size of 6 spring rolls from takeout. Lobster dumplings were divine. Salmon was cooked perfectly as was the kobe beef, a real treat. Friends had the sirloin which they both said was excellent. A little surprised at the reviews up to now, on our night it seemed the place to be in New York!
My Best Birthday Dinner Ever!
By sparkmstr on 7/11/2007
The entire experience was wonderful. The bar, decor, Buddah and the food were all great. Loved the DJ - the music made a great atmosphere. Kinda hard to talk to the entire table, but it was exactly what I was expecting and wanted. The only strange part... when we asked the waiter who the DJ was, he said "I don;t know, some guy named Kevin." He came back later with the DJ's website written on a napkin. For a restaurant where the DJ is the center of the evening, they should at least know who it is and have a card to hand out. If anyone knows who Kevin is, let me know. He was really good and made for a great dining experience.
By EYEheartNY on 7/26/2007
I had a 730 reservation on a Friday night with 6 people and we were seated right away. We ordered 6 different main dishes, a few different appetizers and two desserts, and every bite was amazing. I must admit that someone else footed the bill and im sure it was rather pricey, but it was worth it!
Guestlist and table reservation
By IndayoGroup on 12/10/2013
Indayo is your one stop shop to NYC nightlife and events! If u want join our GUEST LIST, reserve a table, or any other inquiries visit theindayogroup.com, contact us at 660-229-1493 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More