All Reader Reviews of...
108 Greenwich Ave., New York, NY, 10011
nr. 13th St.
rude, low IQ servers..." but good"....
By eloiseattheplaza on 1/10/2012
Odd ball Cockney-type joint with glonky British foods like Bangers and Mash and Treacle Pudding, BYOB, and servers from hell. The owner puts on a lot of "What'll it be, Love? BS. But the afternnoon tea is special, in a "working class" way. Expect the arm reaching across your face to remove a plate with neither smile nor comment and expect to pay cash in spite of claim to take credit cards. A fair quantity of masochism required. Living in the neighborhood, I "attend" T and S aproximately once a year. This is enough.
By brittanycarcova on 8/17/2010
As authentic as it gets, Tea & Sympathy hit every note perfectly and reminded my British mother of her childhood. We shared an afternoon tea for two and enjoyed three different types of teas (I highly recommend the Black Ginger and/or the Apricot). The service was wonderful and everyone there was incredibly sweet. The space is indeed tight but that is all part of the intimate appeal that makes this spot so exact.
By Sullygraham on 4/11/2010
I am a big fan of tea and all that goes with it. Faced with a 15 minute wait at midday, and being pressed for time, I opted to return for an afternoon pick-me-up. I did get a lovely pot of tea and British dessert with custard while sitting at a cute table by the window. My server was helpful, polite and efficient. I sort of felt like I was in a B&B. Will return for lunch another day!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl