All Reader Reviews of...
693 Fifth Ave., New York, NY, 10019
nr. 54th St.
The best place for lunch
By Chloe4 on 12/6/2008
This is by far one of the most relaxing places to have lunch. It is generally very quiet, the people who work there are friendly, and it it fast service. I almost always get the vegetarian bento box and some type of tea. The portions are perfect size for one, and it is a place that you could either eat at alone or with some friends. Great after a day of shopping or treatments at the Red Door Salon, which is right next door.
By food_is_amazing on 4/28/2008
Thanks to New York Magazine, I have found my new favorite daytime spot in New York City: Tea Box Cafe. It is simple and elegant, without breaking the bank. As part of the tea assortment, I had the salmon and cucumber sandwiches on pressed rice (which are just wonderful--gluten-free, deceptively small, and delicious), along with some fresh fruit (actually fresh), butterscotch pudding, and a less-than-gluten-free (but well worth it) marble cake. My friend ate the cookies, which, by her account, were a little bit of Heaven. The tea comes in delightful little pots, to be poured into large jade-green cups on saucers. The best part, though, is that it is quiet, unassuming and uncrowded--right on Fifth Avenue. America needs to embrace Afternoon Tea, and the embrace needs to begin in the basement of Takashimaya.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic