All Reader Reviews of...
695 Tenth Ave., New York, NY, 10036
nr. 47th St.
A HK Hidden Gem
By texasmountaineer on 8/22/2009
Stepping into this place in like going south of the border. The staff was very friendly. The deli area is tight and every stoll was occupied. The mirrored walls made you feel like you were in much bigger place which elevated the expereince. The Tortas are the best choice followed by the Tacos. Have tried the quesidilla but think I would pass on this...but I guess Chili's has me thinking this was not done to my liking... this may not be a good comparison as my palate might be jaded. Nice hidden gem to find when exploring the city.
By MexicaliLeo on 12/2/2008
Imagine your aunt was Mexican and lived with her sister. Imagine both women were excellent cooks. Now imagine their kitchen is located in the back of a convenience store. That's Tehuitzingo. This is as low key as it comes. Grab a cold beer from the fridge on your way to the back and use the bottle opener drilled into the shelving to pop the top. In the back, head over to the window in the wall and place an order with one of the kind women and then grab a stool at the mirrored countertops and wait. She'll call you when it's ready. All of the tacos are great. Some Latin tunes might be playing or you may be lucky enough to catch a Latin soap opera on the TVs. Expect to see gentlemen who have been there all day drinking as well as young children running around. It's like you walked into a somebody's living room during a holiday by mistake. Everyone is friendly and your attempts at speaking Spanish will get a smile out of the cooks as well.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s