All Reader Reviews of...
256 Fifth Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11215
nr. Carroll St.
Pleasant surprise - great food!
By amandation on 5/22/2009
I went to Tempo in May 2009. What a fantastic dinner we had! I highly recommend the Duck pastilla rolls and the bucatini with Sicilian pistachio nut pesto, both delicious and different. I also had a couple of their side dishes and they were very good. We let our waiter choose the wine and he didnÂ’t disappoint us! the wine was great and so were the desserts (my favorite was the tiramisu with raspberry sauce). Service was also friendly, on time, just perfect. I highly recommend this spot and I only wish I lived in Brooklyn so that I could go more often!
By atdusk on 3/25/2009
Stumbled here when Al Di La was closed and not in the least disappointed. Found the decor and arrangement attractive, so decided to have an impromptu birthday dinner here. The service was a little slow to start (eg, waited to get the menus, waited to get the bread) but once they got their act together, dinner and wine were attentively (but not cloyingly so) presented. Food was fantastic. Simple salad was tasty and hearty, skate was perfectly cooked with a lovely raisin and caper sauce and delicious cauliflower puree. Dessert was not that imaginative but still yummy. My only criticism would be the large portions...I had to eat everything and ended up quite full in the end! Oh, and a fantastic wine selection to boot at great values. One of my new favorite restaurants in the neighborhood.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafĂ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’