All Reader Reviews of...
413 E. 12th St., New York, NY, 10009
nr. First Ave.
overpriced and cramped...vague concept
By smlop09 on 9/2/2008
Being a huge fan of the parent restaurant, Hearth, I was determined to love this place from the start. Unfortunately, the wine is good, but not great, considering the lofty $12-$15 a glass. Should you want a bite...the portions are itty bitty - for example, $5 for a cheese portion that you gives you four teeny paper thin bites, another $8 for a miniscule piece of serrano ham, with so little bread that it looks like it accidentally fell on the plate. The portion was borderline insulting, and easily the smallest I have ever been served in the city. If you are a wine/cheese lover - take your cravings elsewhere.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More