All Reader Reviews of...
413 E. 12th St., New York, NY, 10009
nr. First Ave.
overpriced and cramped...vague concept
By smlop09 on 9/2/2008
Being a huge fan of the parent restaurant, Hearth, I was determined to love this place from the start. Unfortunately, the wine is good, but not great, considering the lofty $12-$15 a glass. Should you want a bite...the portions are itty bitty - for example, $5 for a cheese portion that you gives you four teeny paper thin bites, another $8 for a miniscule piece of serrano ham, with so little bread that it looks like it accidentally fell on the plate. The portion was borderline insulting, and easily the smallest I have ever been served in the city. If you are a wine/cheese lover - take your cravings elsewhere.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s