- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
34-12 36th St., Queens, NY, 11106
nr. 34th Ave.
Fabulous Fancy-ish Astoria Spot
By krodster on 7/30/2012
I adore the Astor Room. They have an amazing cocktail list, and of the (many) I've tried, they're all expertly blended. The food is fabulous as well. Try the Mother and Child Reunion (their breaded poached egg is perfection) and the truffle fries are delicious, not an overbearing truffle flavor. The ambiance is quite stellar as well, very old-timey and cozy. It really gives you that feel for eras gone by with superb, friendly service; nothing haughty. It's a fantastic date spot.
Old school Hollywood
By SeanL on 3/7/2012
Great old school hollywood bar and restaurant makes you feel like you just walked on the set of a Bogart movie. Great service and the best Old Fashion in New York.
By erasco on 2/23/2011
Great date place and a huge step up from the bear joint down the block.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu