- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
19 Kenmare St., New York, NY, 10012
nr. Elizabeth St.
Butchered Customer Service: Profit & Pretense
By virginia.gray on 2/4/2015
The Butcher's Daughter is overpriced and values profit far more than customer satisfaction. I am a regular customer from the neighborhood and they have asked me twice in a week, within an hour of arriving and ordering substantially, to leave to make room for new customers. Smoothies cost $10, a bowl of musli costs $9. Unless you are vegan or vegetarian and desperately in need of a speedy brunch spot without leisure, save yourself the money and pretense, and head elsewhere. Their creative use of tofu and veggie substitute products is not enough to redeem their overwhelming desire to turn tables, however politely they ask.
East village tourist trap
By jacobells on 9/10/2014
Daughters butcher is terrible, unless you plan on feasting on squeezed juice drinks. Portions are cocktail food size, and food flavor is non-existent. Potato wedges tasted like cardboard.
I Wanted to Like You
By DOLLY_PARTON on 2/22/2013
I really did! But I can't. I just can't. The juices and smoothies (overpriced, but average in comparison to the trendy cold-pressed juice places these days) were good, and the space is lovely, especially if you nab a window seat. But the service and food in here really left something to be desired. The spacey, clueless host/waitress ignored us after handing us menus, and we had to flag her down 15 minutes later to place our order after multiple attempts. The portions were small and not necessarily delicious. She didn't check back to see how we were enjoying our food, or if we needed anything, and we had to flag her down again for the check -- even though the restaurant is small and wasn't busy. Maybe they just need to work out some kinks...
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages
- Turns Out the Robot Apocalypse Will Begin at Fast-Food Restaurants
- A Brand-New Brooklyn Restaurant Specializes in Modern Taiwanese Food