- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
79 Crosby St., New York, NY, 10012
nr. Prince St.
By lzahringer on 2/8/2011
I love Crosby! An extension of the notoriously too small nyc living rooms. Although I never go at night, it's a great place to go during the day, bring some books, computer, newspaper...comme tu veux. An ideal spot to escape for a few hours of tea, coffee, food and best of all peace and quiet!
Still getting there..
By ACL0307 on 10/23/2009
When paying $20 for a cocktail, itÂ’s OK to have high expectations, which were disappointedly let down when I received my half-full champagne flute with a sad, lone lemon rind floating on top. That said, after downing my Â“shot,Â” I kept an open mind, and ordered a Moscow Mule, which was delightful, though somewhat skewed on the alcohol to juice ratio (in juice's favor). Our selections from the bar menu: the gruyere and truffle panini and the guacamole, salsa & chorizo, arrived in such child-like portions, that is was comical as the waiter served them. The panini was charred along the bottom which took away from the otherwise savory contents. The guacamole was good enough, and the chorizo was delicious. The service was unfortunately lacking, requiring us to actively flag down the waiter each time we ordered, and then wait an undesirable amount of time to receive each order. All to say, the value isnÂ’t there just yet, but it has potential. The courtyard garden is lovely. The interior decor is certainly for a particular taste. After my first experience, it won't be the first place I suggest for our next drink date.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu