All Reader Reviews of...
246 W. 14th St., New York, NY, 10011
nr. Eighth Ave.
DO NOT GO TO THE DARBY FOR ANY OCCASION! Security is overly aggressive, unprofessional and hostile and just waiting to start trouble!
By Jamielee14 on 9/11/2013
My fiance & I hosted a private party for his BDAY at this venue through Host Committee. We had approx 100 guests who spent a ridiculous amount of $ at the bar for the treatment we received. Our private party ended at 11:30pm. Despite being told that we could stay & that the public would be permitted to join our party, security began to aggressively tell our guests to "finish up your drinks and get the f*** out of here" at 11:10/11:15!!!!! As friends informed us of what was happening, security came up to my fiance & I and told us that we had to "get the f*** out of here." I tried to calmly tell security that there must be a misunderstanding as we were told we could stay after our private party had ended. He again told me to leave & before I could ask to speak with the GM chaos erupted as they grabbed & choked out my fiance on HIS BIRTHDAY and UNNECESSARILY, DISRESPECTFULLY and PHYSICALLY threw him out of the club. I was caught in the chaos & suffered from bruises on my arms & legs. I also personal items & presents as the venue stated they do not have them. I assume the Darby did not like our crowd as our friends are mostly minorities. Note: If you don't want to end up in the papers like Greenhouse, I suggest you handle your business differently. If there was something wrong, instead of having security physically assault your guests who are paying $18 a drink, you should turn on the lights and stop the music. That is WAY more efficient than allowing the s*** show that happened!
SAVE YOUR MONEY - THE DARBY IS A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT
By lihammy on 3/17/2011
What can I say about the Darby.... Um, DON'T GO!!! I was so excited to go to the Darby after all the great things I read about this place only to be extremely disappointed. The rude staff and terrible food was a huge problem. When our food arrived I was in disbelief - The fish special that we ordered not only smelled foul but tasted the way it smelled (bad)! The chicken was so dry I think eating sawdust would have been more pleasureable. Waited 2 hours for our dinner to be served we took one bite and could not go past that - We explained to our waiter that the food was not edible only to be told by the manager that there was nothing wrong with the food and it was not her fault we did not like what we ordered and she was beyond RUDE!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu