All Reader Reviews of...
121 E. 17th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. Irving Pl.
By agent99712 on 12/16/2009
yes, i too was taken on a second date here. i was quite impressed. very warm, cozy place. the short ribs were flavorful, moist, i could have used a bit more 'juice.' the appetizer of polenta and mushrooms was amazing. my date chose one of the fish dishes, very good. no dessert. downstairs, the waitress explained, was more casual dining and in the lower lever were chefs tables.
By skt201 on 12/19/2008
This is probably the best date restaurant in Manhattan hands down. The place is intimate and offers a great environment to actually have a quiet conversation with your date. Food wise this place does a good job with a limited menu. I highly suggest the mac and cheese. Service was fantastic our waiter was friendly and extremely attentive.
FAVE! Love it!
By holly_golightly on 3/23/2008
This is my favorite restaurant in NY!!!!! I love how small, simple, pretty, quaint, romantic it is! The food is good! I absolutely just fell in love with this place! I will keep on coming back regularly to try all their food in the menu! If i can only live here!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Two Men Indicted in Massive French Laundry Wine Robbery
- Lucky Peach’s Chris Ying Follows Strangers for Late-Night Papas Rellenas
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Vegan Restaurant Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings