All Reader Reviews of...
132 W. 44th St., New York, NY, 10036
nr. Sixth Ave.
By Marelsabeth on 8/6/2013
After reading the critic's review, I began to wonder if I had been in the same place. I found the decor rather intriguing; red leather seating with dark wood & white tablecloths surrounded by pictures of famous New Yorkers.. I asked the waiter for information about the numerous pictures around the room & an intriguing mural. Starting with a Tomato & Watermelon Gazpacho that contained shrimp ceviche with a hint of heat...it spoiled me for any future gazpacho. The presentation of all the food was artful. My entree was a Roasted Sole that tasted almost like steak. It rested on a creamy polenta. Absolutely delightful! My brother-in-law had the New York Strip Steak. He commented that it was so tender and tasty; he didn't even think about asking for A-1 sauce which he typically does when ordering steak. I managed to squeeze in a dessert only because it was a double chocolate creme brulee. The chocolate was creamy and not overpoweringly sweet. In the middle was a square of banana cake topped with a lightly flavored banana ice cream and a few pieces of popcorn. An interesting presentation and a lovely finish to a wonderful dinner. The servers were attentive and quick to provide whatever was needed. It was such a fantastic experience. Pricey? Yes...but no more than other fine restaurants and it was worth every penny.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GÃ¼nter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama