All Reader Reviews of...
62 W. 9th St., New York, NY, 10011
nr. 6th Ave.
Other reviewers must be getting paid
By wilbal on 9/25/2010
Showed up on time for the reservation. Was told to enjoy the bar as it would be a few mins for the table but that is expected, so no problem. Checked back in 20 mins later and was told that they had us in the system as already seated; an obvious lie or a mistake on purpose. Checked back 20 mins later and was told this time the only table was one in the bar and that a real table would be at least another hour. Host said that if we took the bar table that he would buy us a champagne next time; at this point there was likely not going to be a next time. An hour and forty minute wait for a reservation is ridiculous; what's the point of making a reservation!!! Has never been even remotely that bad at any restaurant I have been and I have been going to the trendiest and highest rated restos for 13 years. Decided to try a table at the bar. Had to wait a long time for the waiter to take our order and then felt like a sardine in those tables; and no i am not a fattie!!! After placing our order, we had enough and left after cancelling. Don't get me wrong the ambience looks great and maybe the food is awesome, but you may never actually get to try it!!! Interesting how all the previous positive reviews happened almost on the same date; I'm just sayin'....
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu