All Reader Reviews of...
62 W. 9th St., New York, NY, 10011
nr. 6th Ave.
The Lion is AMAZING!!! Adam Platt seems bitter.
By suesue on 8/26/2010
The decor is beautiful, the crowd is trendy, the service is great & the food is DELICIOUS (from the apps to steak to fish to dessert)!! I've recommended The Lion to a lot of my friends who went & had a great time & loved the food! The writer seems extremely bitter towards the restaurant (or maybe has a personal problem w/ someone affiliated?). It doesn't look like a tavern/"Hobbit Hall" (if you want space adam platt then go to Times Sq. - this is the west village!). The cheesecake in a jar & crepes were amaaaazing along w/ the other desserts we tried & nothing was under/over cooked (I was w/ 6 ppl my first time, who all ordered different things & all loved their dishes). Call early enough in advance for a reservation- they are constantly busy b/c the food/drinks/scene/service are great enough to keep people coming back for more!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus