All Reader Reviews of...
84 Stanton St., New York, NY, 10002
nr. Allen St.
By thesandwich on 8/7/2011
The meatballs are average. The place is cosy and the accompaniments to the balls are good which is what maybe makes the meal. If you enjoy your company and the decor even a bad meal can taste ok, so really it's so-so food and price.
Go to Subway for your $5 meatball sub instead
By catcat on 3/20/2010
I went there early evening expecting to order a meatball sub to-go. I was greeted by a surly hipster who rudely informed me that they were not taking to-go orders because they had to serve the patrons eating in the restaurant first. This was a bullshit response and he knew it because he then proceeded to ramble off a number of other excuses including they did not think the sub would travel well. I was dismissed to the side and ignored by the host that seemed to be annoyed by my presence, so I walked across the street to my reliable joint, Spitzer's Corner , where I knew I'd be welcome with friendly host and consistently great food.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus