All Reader Reviews of...
87 S. Elliot Pl., Brooklyn, NY, 11217
nr. Fulton St.
Fun lunch spot!
By WV123 on 7/31/2013
Walked around Fort Greene last Saturday and popped in The Smoke Joint for a quick lunch. Was skeptical at first about "NY BBQ," but was pleasantly surprised! Good food, friendly staff, and a fun and perfectly casual atmosphere! Great recipe for a BBQ restaurant, if you ask me!! Also, they had fairly authentic sweet tea, which melted this southern girl's heart!! Would definitely stop by if you're in the area! And, try the hotdog topped with pulled pork - yum!!
By brittanycarcova on 8/31/2010
Barbecue is my absolute favorite type of cuisine and basically, the Smoke Joint gives it their best but undoubtedly falls short. The pork sandwich is lackluster and seems to be begging for flavor, something that the coleslaw attempts to compensate for and is indeed the best thing I had tasted here. The ribs were dry and the honey-mustard chicken made me contemplate ordering another dish entirely. The homey feeling of this interior space makes you wish the food would just taste a whole lot better.
You know you want some
By vcmeremaid on 11/10/2009
I like in the neighborhood - and Smoke Joint is always bustling. It's a FG place with a little bit of everybody sitting around happy. They expanded last year so there would be more room. After you've been once to gnaw on a chopped pork sandwich, bbq shrimp, or some catfish you walk by and think "I could just pop in for some greens and meat goodness." And you do.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Ana Gasteyer Loves a Good Mint Julep
- Starbucks New ‘Secret’ Drink Is a Ghastly Purple Nightmare
- World’s Worst Customer Injures Himself and 4 Others After Accidentally Firing His Gun at a Restaurant
- A Chef Explains Why He’s Suddenly Closing His Much-Loved Brooklyn Restaurant
- More Whole Foods Products Recalled Over Food-Safety Fears