- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
149 First Ave., New York, NY, 10003
nr. 9th St.
Lost my Business
By DN10009 on 1/30/2012
This place used to be really good. Good Sandwiches, nice size, super friendly and attentive staff. Over the last few months the portions have gotten smaller and not as tasty. I could probably live with that. But they changed their whole staffing. Now they have hip bar tender types that treat you like they don't care. I used to swing by on the way home, but lately I've passed on it because I don't want to deal with it. Tonight I tried ordering in, but the guy put me on hold while he chatted up some girl in the background. After about 15 minutes he decided to hang up on me. I called back to tell him how he... , but he decided to hang up on me in mid-sentence. Their attitude is Want service? Wait till I'm ready..., Don't like the Service? Tough s**t... I will go elsewhere from now on.
Congrats on reaching "has been" status?
By Tim1 on 6/3/2012
This place used to be amazing but unfortunately took a direct turn for garbageville. This was a go to for late night food for my friends and I, but after tonight, no more. I ordered a that way and disco fries, only to be asked, "what are disco fries," and this from the place that introduced me to disco fries when I moved to the city from the south. Even after explaining what disco fries are (they are on the menu after all), I was brought fries covered in cheese whiz (wrong! and the meathead working refused to fix them) and a cold, I repeat, COLD, roast beef sandwich covered in gravy that, though reminiscent of the great and magnificent this little piggy gravy from yesteryear, had clearly been diluted with Campbell's cream of mushroom soup. To be clear, this was not a delivery and the sandwich was COLD. Yeah for yet more mediocrity? I don't know if there is new management or what, but simply put, never again, there are just too many good places nearby to waste your money, time, and meal on this litle piggy.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s