All Reader Reviews of...
205 Tenth Ave., New York, NY, 10011
nr. 22nd St.
By ralves on 8/22/2008
Great little place for wine & tapas! Would highly recommend - far better than casa mono & bar jamon which we sampled the night before. Staff was very pleasant - would go back in a New York second!
By foodielover on 1/7/2010
I love this place-- that's really all I can say. I've been to Spain many times, and I can say that this is the real deal. The only drawback is that Tia Pol does not accept reservations. Besides that, this place is golden!
Great for after work
By asanchez on 2/19/2010
I love coming here for wine and chorizo! Veal bone Marrow (its a little taste of heaven), Lamb skewers, Chorizo al Jerez, and chorizo with chocolate (an interesting and genius combination)are their best dishes.
Not so hot...
By NYC4ever on 3/7/2010
Everyone always loves this little tapas place - I am never as impressed. I feel the food is hit or miss, but the ambiance is great. I prefer to head around the corner to El Quino Pinto on 24th or the other tapas restaurant on 9th avenue next to Company.
worth the wait
By twice on 4/26/2010
you will have to wait, even for a party of two on a tuesday, but the hostess gives accurate wait times, which helps. grab a glass of wine and chillout, because the food is worth it! definitely try the squid in it's ink. our waiter was super nice and didn't mind us ordering two rounds of tapas even though the place is tiny and i'm sure they could have used the table. my favorite of the tapas places i've tried in nyc so far.
Thank goodness for Tia Pol
By foodon on 5/15/2010
Brings consistently delicious food and warm service to a neighborhood that needs both. Often a wait, I try to go early or late to avoid the crowds. But so good.
Great for a small space
By ksamoles911 on 11/21/2010
Even though the space is tiny and the wait was long, the food made up for both factors. The Sangria was very unique and tasty. I would recommend getting the shrimp, the potatoes and the deviled eggs. My friend were also blown away by the lamb skewers.
Change in mangement or chef?
By ccec on 4/22/2012
I've been a HUGE fan of Tia Pol for years and it has always been my standby for the best of tapas and sangria, but something just wasn't right tonight. Anyone know if there has been a recent change? Food was off, really salty and not cooked consistently. In one dish we had overcooked clams and nearly raw clams; bacalao that was like a true salt lick. I was needles to say, disappointed and hope it was just an off night!
Love this place
By Kadersh on 8/20/2012
Never fails. I love the food here. Great chill atmosphere and some of the best Spanish tapas in the city.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Ana Gasteyer Loves a Good Mint Julep
- Starbucks New ‘Secret’ Drink Is a Ghastly Purple Nightmare
- World’s Worst Customer Injures Himself and 4 Others After Accidentally Firing His Gun at a Restaurant
- A Chef Explains Why He’s Suddenly Closing His Much-Loved Brooklyn Restaurant
- More Whole Foods Products Recalled Over Food-Safety Fears