All Reader Reviews of...
155 W. 46th St., New York, NY, 10036
nr. Seventh Ave.
This restaurant is closed, but...
By RamenFreak on 6/11/2008
One day, I was really craving some red wine braised goat shank and clams steamed in white wine and cilantro- so I headed over to the only place I knew that served both impeccably well. Tintol. Alas- one of my favorite tapas restaurants had closed, instead of the most amazingly prepared seafood dishes- the restaurant in it's place was, if memory serves me right, an American-style bistro. I was deeply saddened, but now I'm on a mission. I must find where the new restaurant that the chef of the late, Tintol, is working. I'm really a stickler for seafood and allowing the beauty of food shine through- not a fan of syrup-y, sweet, "teriyaki-ish" sauces poured over over-cooked scallops or prawns. Tintol really had it spot on. The grilled squid was simple and fresh, the spinach and pine nut salad was mouth-watering-- I could go on and on. So, if anyone out there knows where the chef from this restaurant is working now- please, post it here. I need my great seafood fix!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s