All Reader Reviews of...
3157 Broadway, New York, NY, 10027
nr. Tiemann Pl.
Toast - a good neighborhood standard
By jvelez2468 on 4/10/2009
I disagree with the earlier comment on Toast's staff. I go there 2-3 times a month and experience only the best servers. It gets crowded in this place, but if you bring good company and patience, you will enjoy the offerings. The Mesclun Steak salad is awesome, the burgers are served on brioche and yummy. The Sauteed Chicken with tarragon sauce is a fave. Unpretentious and welcoming, this is a great place to have a solid and inexpensive meal.
The worst service ever
By scott101 on 8/18/2008
I like the food, but the service is by far the worst I have ever seen. The staff is rude and the do nothing. Big thumbs down for toast.
By mtkr on 3/6/2005
There are so many great things on the menu. My all time favorite is the grilled cheese. Its like no other - made on a bagette with your choice of cheese. The goat cheese burgers are great as well. Even the salad is fantastic. An they have a wonderful selection of beers on tap. Don't be fooled by the review saying its a college place. Its a neighborhood place. It just happens to be in a college neighborhood. But I would never classify it as a college place.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Café Gratitude Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings
- Dunkin’ Donuts Takes Aim at Starbucks With Its New Coffee Strategy
- Where to Eat and Drink Outdoors Now That It's Finally Warming Up