All Reader Reviews of...
172 Thompson St., New York, NY, 10012
nr. Houston St.
Line up for excellence!
By japeters on 3/4/2003
Expensive? Slightly...but the pieces of fish are larger than average, and I've had none fresher. The Unagi is so stunning you might think you sat on a live jelly-fish! Huge, mouth-watering slabs of eel, so good you'll never enjoy eel anywhere else again. Oh yeah, the line down the block testifies to it's popularity with the locals. But get there early for dinner, and it will be worth the 1hour + wait. (No Reseverations) Good Sake selection too.
waiting for the fishermen to come in...
By bambola on 3/3/2003
Waiting in line for TOMOE is a humbling experience, because you know that once the maginificent sushi /sashimi plates arrive on your table, you will be tasting some of the freshest fish in the city. So while you wait, just imagine that you are waiting for the ships to come in with today's catch, and that you're the lucky one to be there to taste!
Best value for sushi
By crs5380 on 3/3/2003
Tomoe has the freshest sushi for the price. Pretty standard sushi menu, but the fish is very fresh and inexpensive. Be ready to wait outside until they have a table, it's first-come-first-serve.
By ssherry on 2/26/2003
The freshest fish possible. Perfectly seasoned sushi rice and the correct proportion of fish to rice. What else is there?
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu