All Reader Reviews of...
782 Washington Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11238
at Sterling Pl.
waste of $33 and 20 mins of life i'll never get back
By andreaaz602 on 6/29/2013
WOW! ok so this morning my lovely neighbor tells me of this great diner.... TOMS DINER! she tells me how great the pancakes and the corn beef hash! she sells the food to me so well, i start to salivate! iSaw, iCalled, and iOrdered! (danish pancakes, corn beef has, bacon, over easy eggs and a side of sausage - milk & oj!) 20 mins later the food is at my door, oh my im excited! $33.00 yes! JESUS must have made my f-ing food! $33.00 plus a $5 tip to the nice delivery guy.... iPrepare to eat my LAST SUPPER! and then it happens! the sausages are so over cooked they taste like POWDER, my over easy eggs look like that they've been frying all morning! "egg over hard?" didnt even know they made eggs this way... pancakes r DRY.. i called to ask y my eggs were so hard and she told me i asked for eggs over HARD! lmao i died laughing (in my head) she offered to send new eggs out, and told me it would take 15mins .... i passed! waste of money! could have gotten better food for $5 ANYWHERE! dont waste your money! on the bright side, some places are "DINE IN ONLY" clearly this was one of them!
Tom's Restaurant is A-1
By DavidTed on 5/20/2013
When I taught at what was then Prospect Heights High School, I escaped that hell to dine in this heavenly restaurant. The food was great and the service was better.
NYC Classic diner in Brooklyn
By ToddSimmons on 12/7/2011
Thankfully, this old school family-run Brooklyn diner ~ with its charmingly original details ~ has thrived & survived Brownstone Brooklyn's 21st Century gentrification and will be there with the NBA open for business around the corner at the Barclay's Center. Brooklyn Nets fans won't have to settle for Applebee's or crappy fast food. Junior's still owns this part of the 718 but after 70 years of pancakes and FREE java while you wait, Tom's is still there too with friendly service and museum-like original booths, fixtures, etc. I don't go to joints like this for crab cakes. I go for the atmosphere, service, and comfort food. They've had the good sense to update some of the menu but leave the golden era surroundings intact. Grab the paper and settle into an old school table.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic