All Reader Reviews of...
3628 Broadway, New York, NY, 10031
nr. 150th St.
Great place in up and coming neighborhood
By gabby321 on 8/22/2012
I recently moved into Hamilton Heights (great value for housing and very accessible to midtown etc) and I absolutely love Tonalli. Sandwiched by a C-town and a Dominoes pizza, this cute bar/restaurant is quite pleasantly out of place! So happy to find a well-priced, cozy, and classy place in the heart of West Harlem. The food is great, there's a full bar, and the ambiance is perfect for any time of day. I love their brunch menu and the option for outdoor seating! Overall, great place - 2 thumbs up!
What a great time!!!
By Brooklynite22 on 8/24/2009
I went to Tonalli this past Saturday 8/22, with about 16 of my close friends to celebrate my birthday and I was very pleased with the service, food and general atmosphere that Tonalli had to offer. Everyone that came enjoyed their appetizers, main course and dessert (my bread pudding was a bit sweet, but still tasty). Everything was wonderfully presented and I left there full to the gills. The BYOB is perfect for this location and at 8:30 PM a three man Jazz group came on that made the night even more enjoyable. I love how it felt as if once you were in the restaurant, you were no longer in Hamilton Heights/West Harlem. I am soo glad this is across the street from where I live, I look forward to going back and enjoying more dinners, lunches, etc... Thank you Milton (the manager) for setting everything up and helping to make my birthday a great night!!!
By HamiltonHeightser on 8/3/2009
Excited to see this cozy eatery open. Menu includes standard fare like pasta and panini (which aren't listed on this menu page for some reason), as well as a few Latin accents, and the kitchen executes well: fresh ingredients, great flavor, nice presentation. Last night, I tried the gazpacho (soup of the day), which was simply done but had a wonderful, curiously smoky underlying flavor. The hearty panini are a terrific value (and the accompanying shoe-string fries are delicious.) Came here with a group of friends who ordered across the menu--pastas, lamb chops, panini, salads--and everyone was pleased with his/her dish. Another plus: for now, Tonalli is BYOB, so you can pop in with your bottle of wine/beer and enjoy a nice dinner. The service can be a bit spotty but seems to be improving--and it's a new place, so give them a few weeks to get up to speed. I'll be going back soon.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More