- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
104-05 47th Ave., Queens, NY, 11368
nr. 104th St.
By restaurantfairy on 10/30/2010
Ever been Nixtamalized??? If you donâ€™t know what Iâ€™m talking about then you have to go and experience Tortilleria Nixtamal in Corona, Queens.Â Once you have laid your lips on one of their tortillas made from nixtamalizedÂ corn â€“ you aint never going back toÂ eating â€śregularâ€ť tortillas again. Fernando Ruiz and Shauna Page are the wonderful co-owners of Â thisÂ cheery â€śTortilleriaâ€ť where theÂ tortillas taste like they were made in heaven! Yes â€“ they really are that good!Â Shauna says that on an average day, they make about 200 pounds of tortillas and the numbers go significantly higher on weekends and in the summer months. The key to their delicious tortillas is the â€śMasaâ€ť which is painstakingly produced fresh everyday and made from nixtamal ( treated corn). Shauna took us on a little tour of the inner workings on how they make their Masa â€“ just as the Aztecs used to way back whenâ€¦. Tortilleria Nixtamal is definitely a product of passion. Everyone here radiates such warmth and hospitality and the food is glorious. Every bite you take is fresh! fresh! fresh! That is why Tortilleria Nixtamal, is a cut above the rest. Donâ€™t waitâ€¦..go get nixtamalized now! For pictures and more food details click on this link: http://therestaurantfairy.com/2010/02/15/tortilleria-nixtamal/
By parkslopernyc on 5/21/2010
I'm very accustomed to being spoiled by authentic Mexican food...too deliciously authentic Mexican food. And while in Williamsburg this last week we decided to try this great spot out to see if it compares...and it did. Williamsburg is a hike for us from the Slope, but this little gem is worth the trip
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More