All Reader Reviews of...
271 W. 23rd St., New York, NY, 10011
nr. Eighth Ave.
this place is a real hoot!
By ladyjane on 11/24/2009
what a great change from all the attitude laden, trendy places in n.y.c. trailer park is a blast. loved my swiss/turkey burger w/ bacon, the best i've ever had. great philly steak sandwich too. great margaritas. the kitch on their walls is amazing. friendly and attentive service. my wife liked it so much, she is having her birthday party at trailer park this year.
The definition of kitchey
By artemis908 on 11/9/2006
I love to bring non-New Yorkers here, especially artists, they really love the decor and the comfort food. My one friend loved it so much, she got a t-shirt and told all of her art school friends about it.
By deaghaidhcjjd on 3/4/2005
The Decor is what sells the place. The food is not overly spectacular, but is fitting for the atmosphere. Expect to hear oldies, and to see Elvis and hula-girl-lamps, a trailer, and tons of pictures and tacky lights. I put "date" but this is more of a "fun" lunch date place
Different but "NOT"
By Defense on 1/16/2005
The staff was very attentive to our needs and the surroundings kept you wondering how anyone could have or find so much Trailer Park (Like) items. I think I spent most my time there looking around in amazement than actaully eating my food. I must say the restaurant captures their audiences for what they have to offer on their walls but the food and menu selection needs much work.
By ameadows on 6/21/2004
The bartender was very friendly. The decor is what definitely makes this place so great though. The walls are covered with everything you'd expect to see in a trailer park. The mac n' cheese is perfect. They even serve it to you in a paper bowl with a plastic fork...just like trailer livin'!
Great Little Joint!
By CMEADOWS on 6/21/2004
Interesting and unusual decor. Cool! A must-see must-go kind of place if you're in the Chelsea area. Friendly staff and good eats. Low-keyed atmosphere. I'd go back again!
Tiki, Tacky, Terrific
By ladyjane on 6/11/2003
We loved this place. Great margaritas and grilled food. The funniest decor I've seen. I am having my birthday party here.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu