All Reader Reviews of...
233 E. 34th St., New York, NY, 10016
nr. Second Ave.
Bit of a find
By fastwalker on 10/7/2010
I'm not a foodie, nor am I particularly a fan of Italian food, but twice now I've paid a visit to Trattoria Alba (not, alas, in my neighborhood) and have had one of the cheaper dishes, the capellini primavera, around fifteen bucks. It so good -- so unusually good -- that I've been daydreaming about it for the past 24 hours, something I'm not normally given to doing about food. The restaurant itself, incidentally, is very pleasant -- quiet, serene, spacious, with more tables than it probably needs (at least on weekday nights, when I've eaten there), ditto plenty of attentive waiters. I strongly recommend the place and hope it prospers.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s