- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
313 Church St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. Lispenard St.
By joechunk on 3/7/2013
Forget for moment that this is a Morimoto Restaurant and take it as advertised. Comfort food with a fine dining twist. If you are expecting a Morimoto experience you will be disappointed, I found it remarkably different. But each of the dishes that I've tried there really stood out and I felt were wonderfully composed. Unfortunately I didn't try the dishes mentioned above except the lamb buns. Which i though were excellent. I am really surprised that Adam Platt would call them David Chang knock offs, maybe you never heard of Peking Duck... I think what you fail to realize is that Comfort food doesn't always means American comfort food. What is really amazing about Tribeca Canvas' menu is that it is an eclectic collection of various cuisines from around the world. Emphasizing the reality that there is a harmony of flavors that can be mixed and matched in refined ways to bring about subtle changes in the way we taste and experience food that we once took for granted. That is the beauty of Tribeca Canvas something I'm afraid Adam Platt failed to understand.
By bmancinelli on 12/29/2012
Warm, comfortable and creative. Outstanding food, presented beautifully. Only open a couple of months and the service was pretty slow... but cordial, graceful and friendly.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu