All Reader Reviews of...
375 Greenwich St., New York, NY, 10013
at Franklin St.
By nickroydonjones on 5/16/2011
I thought I'd give this place a second chance after myself and 3 friends had a very average dinner there a couple months ago: bland food, and mediocre service. We went back - for brunch - and it was dreadful. Sat at the bar - which only had one other person sitting there. It took 5 minutes to get acknowledged and we had to ask the (surly) barman for a drink. It's not hard to make a Bloody Mary, but clearly this guys twist on it was minimalist: minimal ingredients, panache, or ability to hand it to you in any kind of enthusiastic way. No acknowledgement that we may be interested in food: had to ask for menus, and 10 minutes later to order. The eggs were advertised with ratatouille. Which would have been nice had the ratatouille not been 80% water. It felt like scrambled eggs on soup. Fed up, under-nourished we left. Never to go back. Which by the fact that most people looked like tourists, is what most other locals have realized.....
Over priced and poorly prepared food
By pwaddell on 3/3/2005
Early lunch for four on a weekday. Although there were few customers and an ample wait and bus staff service was slow and inattentive. The lettuce in the Caesar salad was wilted and the Endive salad was not prepared with endive. There is a disconnect between the menu description and the prepared entrees and appetizers. The interior is well designed and clean but the food is prepared and served without joy.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s