All Reader Reviews of...
375 Greenwich St., New York, NY, 10013
at Franklin St.
Our server just ditched us!!
By orangeblossom on 1/25/2011
Being a huge fan of Sunday brunchs, I went there with a group of friends, and the server couldn't handle us! We were eabout 8, and definitely not difficult to manage, but he stopped taking care of us after another party of 20 people came in. It took us more than an hour to leave after we asked for our check; our server sent over the guy who picks up the dishes from the table, and obviously he had no idea what to do, and he charged everybody a wrong amount, then we requested someone else to take care of the mess, and it took them ages to fix thing. Sunday brunch is meant to be joyful, not stresful! Oh, the ambiance was awful as well. Don't go there!
By nickroydonjones on 5/16/2011
I thought I'd give this place a second chance after myself and 3 friends had a very average dinner there a couple months ago: bland food, and mediocre service. We went back - for brunch - and it was dreadful. Sat at the bar - which only had one other person sitting there. It took 5 minutes to get acknowledged and we had to ask the (surly) barman for a drink. It's not hard to make a Bloody Mary, but clearly this guys twist on it was minimalist: minimal ingredients, panache, or ability to hand it to you in any kind of enthusiastic way. No acknowledgement that we may be interested in food: had to ask for menus, and 10 minutes later to order. The eggs were advertised with ratatouille. Which would have been nice had the ratatouille not been 80% water. It felt like scrambled eggs on soup. Fed up, under-nourished we left. Never to go back. Which by the fact that most people looked like tourists, is what most other locals have realized.....
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations