All Reader Reviews of...
49 W. 44th St., New York, NY, 10036
nr. Sixth Ave.
Fine French dining
By Vallegirl on 1/31/2015
Creative & delicious culinary experience! Each item was better than the next, and the beef wellington literally melted in my mouth! You can tell the care the Chef takes to source fresh seasonal ingredients for the menu. It was a fine dining experience, great service, and a very special birthday dinner! Convenient to theaters, a must try!
Excellent food, very good service, pleasing decor
By jcfeg on 5/3/2007
My wife and I ate our birthday dinners here after an afternoon show. Early 5:30 PM seating. Had one of the day's specials: Sea trout which was exquisite! Maryland crab soup was sublime, and cheesecake for dessert was light and guilt-free, even with the whip cream. Were seated in the "Petite" room..about 7 tables. One waitress was handling all of them to the best of her gracious ability, but I felt they were understaffed to handle the evening pre-show crowd which quickly assembled between 5:30 and 7 PM. Will definitely return!!
By WVfoodsnob on 12/21/2006
Elegant small restaurant with excellent service. Food was absolutely delicious. Had the salad with beets and goat cheese and an amazing pork chop. Best choice in the theater district.
Triumphant main courses delivered cold
By upupandaway on 10/24/2006
For starters, we had the calf's liver crostini (excellent) and sardines (very good). For main courses, we had filet mignon and pork tenderloin (both very good). They did not have my first choice of wine, and the list is quite short. The overall service delivery was not up to the standard I would expect at this price level. I was shocked that our main courses were delivered at room temperature. When I pointed this out, they were brought back warm (not hot). They could take a lesson from a place like The Harrison, where I dined the following night. In summary, good food delivered in an amateurish fashion.
By Thommo on 10/12/2005
This an intimate (aka small) restaurant with a very special feel. The 'crowd' is most definitely an older group/theatregoers. Service is impeccable and friendly but the highlight is the food. The lamb and filet mignon were superb and the dense chocolate cake was a great ending. (I don't recommend the pound cake though-it was dry.) Perfect for a special occasion or someone with an expense account!
French Cuisine at its FINEST
By hnobes on 6/23/2004
The food was terrific. The staff was very pleasant and on top of things - without being overbearing. I can't stress this enough, the food was EXCELLENT.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu