All Reader Reviews of...
2637 Broadway, New York, NY, 10025
at 100th St.
love the brunch
By jessica323 on 1/10/2012
i was there on a sunday and fell in love with their open buffet. Being a vegetarian gives me less choices anywhere else but here. i was very satisfied because i had many dishes to pick from. But don't get me wrong, my friend had many options to choose from and she is not vegetarian. i would highly recommend this place, the buffet looked very clean and neat as well!! i will go back again for sure
cafe menu is good
By jJason on 1/8/2012
The cafe menu is very good and moderately priced .. very good food and settings
By rubinisalvarodriguez on 5/9/2011
Great food, great ambiance, excellent service! I will definitely go back there.
By rebbeca on 9/27/2009
i ve heard of turkuaz from my friends before but i havent been there untill last night. i took my family there for dinner and my friends were right. we were all satisfied with everything. the food was amazing.i had sultan's delight with lamb; delicous.also they have some events on the weekends such as belly dancing and the brunch on sunday.i will def. go back!
Beautiful restaurant and best food
By Dedelman on 9/25/2009
We live on the east side and we donÂ’t usually go to the upper west side. Last Sunday my husband and I were visiting some friends and we met for a Brunch at Turkuaz Restaurant. I was really amazed with the variety and selections that the buffet had; breads, pastries, salads, appetizers, hot dishes and many more. Very tasty and are professionally presented. I really felt like I was in Istanbul where my husband and I visited couple of years agoÂ… You may try other Turkish restaurants in the city but Turkuaz is the best and with reasonable pricing. Ohh I must add the decor was very different and interesting... They also have a belly dance show on the weekends.. we will visit with some other friends..
By Pefac on 1/19/2009
overall the place is just ok. the tarama tasted like it was store bought, and the dishes i felt were decent, but lacked a lot of the spice that comes with mediterranean food. In all honesty i would go again, but more b/c there are no good greek restaurants on the UWS and i dont feel like traveling to astoria all the time, so this is the best substitute if im in the mood for a little taste of the meditteranean.
a place to linger
By ellefj on 9/2/2007
Well, I came here with a friend, and we both liked it - especially the zucchini pancake with yogurt and the rice pudding was divine. (if you like rice pudding...if not, there are other turkish desserts). The bread is OK, as is the olive oil that go along with it - but the fact that you can hang out in the back room (sit there, not the front room), and people definitely do - is why you go to this place.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages