- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
255 Third Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11215
nr. Union St.
By bennettoschwartz on 10/21/2010
pork chops the size of a baby's head. Also had shrimp with linguine fra diavolo. There is one waiter who has been there forever, and he will tell you all the antipasto, meats, pastas, and sauces available for the night.
Two Thumbs Up for Two Toms
By jgsoloski on 11/4/2010
At first blush it may not look like it, but this place has it all. Wonderful food, service, and yes, atmosphere. Now why would I describe a place with fifties cheapo paneling, a sixties television set turned to sports with two waiters/cooks sitting in front of it, and a white refrigerator of uncertain vintage humming in the distance as having atmosphere. Well, where would Tony Soprano go when he wanted to eat and talk business? Where else could you enjoy enormous (we were advised not to order the steak for two because it covered the table and we'd have no room left for drinks) portions of classic old-school Italian food and at the same time expect Michael Corleone to walk smartly back from the men's room? Would you rather not deal with a menu, but hear the offerings from someone who has been preparing and eating them all his life? It's not just dinner, it's an experience; one which I plan to enjoy again and again.
Best Pork Chops in the City..Great Great Place
By dianesafaradesellems on 8/31/2011
Called a few times to a reservation...finally got one...went with 16 people the night we went they had music.. and yes we were drinking wine & singing along with the live band, it was great.. a place where people go to eat & are relaxed. "The best vinaigrette pork Chops" I ever had..you can share one. This is not a fancy place by no means..but when you walk in you smell the home cooking that is going on in the kitchen. The fish salad & the ravioli were "delish". His zuppa di mussels & beans & macaroni was like eating grandmas food. After all that food yes we had dessert..we had a few things tartufo, cannoli, and cheesecake. What a great place glad I got in..and yes we are going back. If you check their website www.twotomsrestaurant.com you can see when they have bands there..we had a blast and it was cheap..!!! what more can you ask they dont have places like this no more..get there you wont be disappointed.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GÃ¼nter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama