- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
432 Sixth Ave., New York, NY, 10011
nr. 10th St.
By chowmaven on 1/21/2014
I was lucky enough to get into Umami Burger for lunch a few days after it opened. After having been to the Umami Burger in LA (on LaBrea) twice in a week, I couldn't wait to get my truffle burger. Oddly, it was rather ordinary tasting and didn't come close to resembling what I had in LA. I hate when a menu item includes truffle/truffle butter and tastes like they just forgot it. The same was true of the parmesan burger--where was the cheese? Maybe they needed time to hit their stride. I may try it again but I'm not sure I can convince my friend to join me again after all my raves were followed by disappointment. The burger you describe in this review sounds like what I had in LA but not close to what I had in NY.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s