All Reader Reviews of...
235 E. 53rd St., New York, NY, 10022
nr. Third Ave.
By pmcglothin on 11/19/2009
When Meredith and I were asked to appear on the Babara Walters Special "Living to 150 , Can You do it", they asked for a restaurant recommendation. There was no question: Uncle Marky's Organics. Chef Mark Mager has so much insight about healthy eating and preparation. Simple steamed veggies over quinoa -- all al dente, was one of our favorites. His exotic dals featuring beans and veggies and wonderful soup combinations were some of the other dishes we enjoyed frequently. We hope the chef finds a new location. New York will be healthier and happier when this restaurant opens again. Paul McGlothin http://www.livingthecrway.com/home.aspx
Avoid at all costs
By mtk18 on 10/1/2008
I've lived and worked in the midtown-east for about 18 months now, and get a lot of take-out. This was the single worst meal I've gotten in all the time. I ordered three items and none of them were edible - tasted like it came right out of the microwave, ingredients missing or wrong relative to the menu description, and small portions. Avoid this place at all costs.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Daughters of Brooklyn’s Pot-Growing Cherry Mogul Are Suing Police for His Suicide
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam