All Reader Reviews of...
1024 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY, 10025
nr. 110th St.
Has gotten REALLY bad!
By CNP on 5/4/2013
Oh dear. We went tonight and it was, first of all, incredibly loud. My ears are still ringing. Then the food arrived. Oh wow - what awful pizza! My stomach is still ringing. Mushy soggy thick uncrusty crust - tasteless grease allover (not the yummy kind you find in a good pizza place). Avoid - it is not nice which is too bad considering the location. The overall sense is that the owners do not give a hoot about quality. They have Columbia next door and can keep the business going. I felt sick afterwards. How sad as it would be som much better if the owners made some effort with the food. I will not go back.
One of my worst eating experiences ever
By jaywi on 1/25/2009
When I entered, without a formal greeting, the waiter pointed to a table and I sat down. I didn't receive any bread and after I realized that I was the only table without bread, I asked the waiter for bread. He didn't apologize for the mistake but made a "Yes, sure" comment in a tone as if it is my fault. The pizza was a disaster. I can make better pizza in my microwave. Cheap cheese, cheap prosciutto, too much cheap fat (it soaked the bread as the pizza got colder). water has been poured in it. I left no tip at all because the service was one of the worst I've ever experienced. Really annoying was the fact that the waiter complained to a fellow waiter that me and other guests were able to hear it that I didn't leave a tip. Absolutely unprofessional and a " no no". When I was about to leave he placed the check back on the table and said in a very sarcastic voice: "Thank you very much".
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu